How old is Henry?

baby

Monday, March 12, 2007

Castle Ball Pit, Date Night, and OMSI

Henry's Grammy Lannie flew down from Spokane for the weekend. She and I did some shopping on Saturday, and I bought Henry a blow-up castle ball pit. Unfortunately it only came with 25 balls, which don't even cover the bottom, but he liked it anyway. I already bought more balls on e-bay. They should be here soon.





On Saturday night, Lannie watched Henry while Jeff and I went to a movie and dinner. It was the first movie I've been to since before Henry was born. It was SO nice to have a date night.



On Sunday, Lannie and I took Henry to OMSI (Oregon Museum of Science and Industry). They have a huge pre-school room for kids ages 0-5. There were really fun hands-on exhibits like a sand area, water area, arts and crafts room, story and puppet show area, a ball pit, an eagles' nest, a fox den, legos, blocks, and lots more. The water area had rubber boots and smocks to keep the kids dry. Henry liked playing with the water toys, but he kept picking up a big yellow watering can and trying to drink from it.


He HATED the sand area. As soon as I set him down in the sand, he had a fit until I picked him up and took him FAR AWAY. Even though he has the new ball pit at home, he had fun playing in the balls at OMSI, too. He could lie in the ball pit and watch the fish tank. Amidst all of the super cool exhibits, Henry found his very favorite thing...the water fountain. He had a great time turning on and off the water and drinking from the fountain. I guess we could have saved a lot of time and money and gone to the water fountain at the grocery store down the street from home.

Here's a quick video clip of Henry steering a big wheel:




It was a fun weekend with Grammy Lannie! Hopefully she'll come visit again soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grammy would visit every weekend if she could! I woke up this morning picturing Henry climbing out of the ball "bed" and signaling ALL DONE with his free hand. So cute! So smart!

I had a great time with him! And you and Jeff!

Anonymous said...

I wish I would have been there!!! I miss you all!!!
Auntie Liz