How old is Henry?

baby

Sunday, April 05, 2009

A Beautiful Day...Finally!

Today was definitely the most beautiful day of the year so far. It was warm and sunny and perfect. Henry (Mickey) and I went to a nearby park, where we met up with Marianne, Peyton, and Nathan. People were actually wearing shorts and tank tops. We weren't. But, some people were! Henry was, of course, wearing his Mickey ears. It's been getting harder and harder to get a good picture of Henry. When I whip out my camera, he says "NO PICTURES!" Or he runs away. Or refuses to look at me. Or looks at me with an expression like this one...
We went to Camp Rivendale park at Jenkins Estate. I love this park. It has the BEST play structure. It has picnic tables, walking paths, a big grassy area, clean bathrooms, and you can bring your dogs (but we didn't). It has three different kinds of swings. Baby swings, regular swings, and deluxe swings. Even Peyton had fun!

This kind of day really makes me look forward to summer! We only have 10 more weeks of school left. I'm sure it will start raining again this week, and those 10 weeks will seem like 20. But, for right now, I'm going to bask in the glow of a beautiful Spring day.

Nathan can taste Spring in the air!

Marianne & Peyton were sporting their shades.The boys had lots of fun running and playing and climbing, but the highlight may have been when Henry insisted on peeing on a tree even though there were perfectly good bathrooms there. Typical male.

I'm not sure what this thing is, but they played with it for a while.

Hopefully we'll have lots more sunny days to help get me through the next 10 weeks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the new great pictures of all my grandchildren-the next best thing to being there! And fun to share! GJ