How old is Henry?

baby

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Picture Overload

I decided to take my fancy-schmancy camera and attempt to do a "professional" photo shoot with Henry. I scouted out a spot in our neighborhood that I thought would make a good background for some pictures. There's a seedy little park down the street that's probably seen it's share of drug deals, but it has a crumbly old brick wall that someone has painted like an American flag on one side and a pretty shade of blue on the other. There's also a dilapidated fence that I thought would look like a cool country setting. I had visions of Henry leaning against the blue wall with his beautiful blue eyes sparkling...unfortunately it was too sunny and there were weird shadows and he wouldn't even look up at me. Even though I bribed him with Dairy Queen ice cream. I did get a few cool shots there, though, and even more good ones later at home in our back yard (after the ice cream).


No smiles pre-ice cream!

In "The Country"...

Possibly my favorite one...

The blue wall was too cool. We'll have to try it again some other time...

The flag-side of the wall had much better lighting...

Back home after a trip to DQ, there were lots of smiles!

Cute close-ups...

Playing with the shadows and light...

Typical Henry expressions...

Pretty blue eyes...

Kickin' dirt & havin' fun...

Leave a comment and let me know what you think! Tell me which one is your favorite. Please? Marianne...Kathleen...Mom...and all of you other non-commenters...I know you're looking.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I love a picture overload!! There has to be a favorite??? No way!

He is gorgeous and handsome and beautiful!!! I'm in love all over again.

Grammy

morewineplease said...

those pics are adorable. I love the really closeup on on his cute face!
Welcome to OSB!

Kathleen said...

I like the typical Henry shots and the kicking dirt photo.

Love you,

Kath

Emily said...

Hi Jocelyn,

I love #1 and #4 of the cute close ups....and I vote for the second one of his typical expressions.

Your boy is turning into SUCH a boy!

Anonymous said...

I love the one that says something about his blue eyes... Hang on, let me go back. I love them ALL, but three of them are my favorites...

Anonymous said...

Add 1 and 7 to my faves! You did a GREAT job!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love them all! I like the close ups. And I actually really like the one where he is looking down, walking away from the blue wall. He looks so grown up.

You definitely got a lot of great shots!

maricar lianne said...

You did great! Gorgeous pictures of Henry!