How old is Henry?

baby

Monday, February 18, 2008

Funny Boy

Henry is so funny! He makes me laugh EVERY DAY. Whenever he does something funny, I think that I should write it down because later I don't always remember what it was. I'm going to try to think of some recent Henry funnies.

He has started understanding and using the word "or." When I ask him to sing a song, he'll ask, "Twinkle Twinkle or ABC or Thomas song or I Love You?" Yesterday was really nice out, so I wanted to spend some time outdoors. I asked Henry what he wanted to do.
Me: Do you want to go to the zoo to see the elephants, or go to the playground?
Henry: OR...go store, buy lollipops?

Henry really likes to play with words. He'll change certain sounds in words, like "Stell-ay" or "Stell-o" or "Stell-eye" instead of Stella. Or he'll call Rocco "Bocco" or "Docco." He also makes up names for us. He calls Daddy "Dandy" and Me "Momby" instead of Mommy. He calls his sitter, Tamara, "Tambra" and he calls Grammy "Gramby." So, of course, we call him "Hendry." He thinks it's really funny when we play along.

Tonight after Henry's bath, I put on his pajamas, and we were playing in the big bed with Daddy. Henry got down and ran away, but I waited a few minutes before following him to see what kind of mischief he'd gotten into. I couldn't find him anywhere, so I assumed he went outside through the doggy door. I turned on the deck light, and I saw that the bubble machine was turned on, and he was playing in his castle in the dark. I hate to see him growing up so quickly, but I'll be happy when he can't fit through the doggy door anymore!

Henry loves to play "Wake up Daddy" or "Wake up Mommy." He'll just randomly call out "Wake up Daddy!" and that means that he wants Jeff to pretend to be asleep. He used to blow raspberries in our faces and say "HI HENRY" to wake us up, but that has changed. Now he flings himself on top of us, so we have to peek through our closed eyelids to make sure we are ready for him. His most recent wake up technique cracked us up. While I was pretend snoring, he put his face right up to my face, and then used his fingers to pry open my eyelids. Funny kid!

This isn't anything funny, but Henry got a haircut on Saturday. He looks really cute, but so grown up.

Here he is just before his haircut, with his long, shaggy look....
Here he is with his new short look....
Henry in the bath tonight....
Relaxing....

I don't know what happened to Henry's curls, but they appear to be gone. I'm so sad! His hair was still curly in October around his 2nd birthday, but after his last hair cut, it's been much straighter. Now that it's even shorter, it's definitely straight. I don't know if it will become curly again someday, or if that's it for his curly hair forever. He still has beautiful hair, but I really miss his curls.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first picture of Henry with his new haircut caused a physical response in me. I just stared. He looked so much like my Dad in that picture I couldn't believe it. It's a Hank look, pure and simple.

Have I ever told you that my Dad looked like James Dean. He did! I can prove it! That is one handsome boy you've got there, Jocie! Grammy

Emily said...

Henry looks SO grown up. Wow! It is fun to hear about his personality developing. He is at such a special age. I'm glad to see you guys really enjoying this time!