How old is Henry?

baby

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Pumpkin Patch

I took Henry to a pumpkin patch on Sunday afternoon. It's a good thing we went that day because it was a gorgeous afternoon, and now it's supposed to rain every day 'till Halloween. We went to a different pumpkin patch from last year because I wanted to avoid the monstrous lines that we encountered before. I took Henry to one that was recommended by several families who go to my school. We got there, and there was a long line for the hay ride that takes people out to the pumpkin patch. There was a play structure and a hay maze and pumpkin bowling, but Henry clung to my neck and wouldn't let me put him down. That is very uncharacteristic Henry behavior. Since he was getting a bad vibe from this particular pumpkin patch, and I didn't want to wait in a long line, we left. We were there for a total of about 5 minutes. I drove about 1/4 of a mile down the road to another pumpkin patch that we'd passed on the way. This pumpkin patch was a big field of pumpkins...no rides, no games, no snacks. It was perfect. When we pulled up, I said, "Let's go see pumpkins!" and Henry said, "How 'bout kitty cats?" When we got out of the car, there was a cage full of kittens with a "FREE" sign on top. We did NOT get one, but Henry got to see his kitty cats, as requested. I let him run through the pumpkins, and he picked up sticks, and I pulled him around in a wagon, and he smelled sunflowers, and we bought one small pumpkin for 55 cents. It was perfect!

No comments: