How old is Henry?

baby

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Happy Birthday, Grandpa!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD/GRANDPA!

Today is Henry's grandpa's birthday. We went to his house for a party yesterday, and we practiced saying "Happy Birthday" in the car on the way over (he said it many times), but he wouldn't say it once we got there. He said it a bunch more times today, but wouldn't say it when I called and left a birthday message for my dad. He refused again when I was talking to my dad later on the phone. But...once he was in the bath tub tonight, he kept saying, "Happy Birthday, Grandpa!" I grabbed my camera, and captured it on film.

I always ask Henry questions like, "what does a cow say?" or "what does a duck say?" The other day I thought it would be funny to ask him "what does Mama say?" He just stared blankly at me. Then I asked him "what does Daddy say?" He immediately replied, "BestGuy!" which is what Jeff calls Henry. If I ask him "what does Henry say?" he says, "Gooly-gooly-goo!" After some coaching, when I ask him "what does Mama say?" he'll now say "Yuh you." (Love you). Earlier today I asked Henry, "what does Grandpa say?" and he replied with "Hi, Henry." When I asked him again while filming the Happy Birthday message, he either growled or hocked a loogie...I'm not sure which.

So, Dad, here is your birthday message from Henry...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love what Grandpa says because he must say it with great feeling!