How old is Henry?

baby

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Escape Artist

Today was the THIRD time that Henry has escaped through the doggy door. He's had a long-standing fascination with the doggy door, but until recently, he had never climbed through it. The first time it happened, Jeff and I were sitting in the family room watching t.v. while Henry played next to us. All of a sudden Jeff said, "Henry's outside!" I looked out through the sliding glass door, and sure enough, Henry was outside (in the rain) walking around on the deck. My heart was racing as I quickly retrieved him, but we laughed about it for a while. About a week later, I was doing dishes in the kitchen while Henry played in the family room. Suddenly I noticed that it was very quiet. Too quiet. I peeked into the family room to see what mischief Henry was up to, but he wasn't there. For a second I panicked. But, then I looked out onto the deck, and there was Henry picking up pine needles while the pugs ran circles around him. Since then he hasn't attempted another escape. Until today. Again, I was in the kitchen when I thought I'd better check on Henry. This time only his head was through the doggy door. So, I quickly grabbed my camera and captured the escape on video. Here it is....



It's a good thing our back yard is fully fenced in!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious! Those damn diapers! They almost make a guy's hips too big for the doggy-door.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh that is hillarious!!! Poor little guy!!