How old is Henry?

baby

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

2007 has GOT to get better!

The new year arrived, bringing with it stomach viruses to both Henry and myself. He seemed fine when he woke up on Monday morning, but after breakfast, he vomited all over himeself and the highchair. He went on to vomit SIX times that day. I took him to Urgent Care, but they just said that it's a virus and he should get better on his own. Later that day, my stomach started cramping up. Without going into too much detail, I seem to have sort of the opposite problem as Henry. Yesterday was supposed to be my first day back at work after the vacation. Jeff was home, so he stayed with Henry, and I drug myself out the door to work. I lasted almost 2 hours. They called a sub for me, and I drug myself back home. Henry seemed to be feeling better yesterday. He even played and laughed a bit. However, he still vomited THREE times. I guess it's better than SIX! The saddest part is that he can't eat any food at all. He can barely even drink milk. We've been trying to give him tiny sips of water at short intervals, but of course, he wants to guzzle it all down at once because he's thirsty and hungry. Then he vomits. I haven't been able to successfully eat or drink anything besides water, either. Jeff had to go to work last night, so now I'm home sick again today with a sick baby. He's only vomited once so far today, and even though it's early, I'm hoping it will be the last time. This morning when I got him out of his crib, he just sat on my lap and cuddled with me for about a half an hour. This never happens. Usually he's raring to go in the morning. Eventually, I decided to try a small amount of milk in a bottle. As soon as I got the empty bottle out, he started crying and grabbing at the bottle. He sucked down those 3 ounces in record time, and then shrieked and shook, wanting more. I tried to hold him off, but he was sucking air out of the empty bottle, so I caved. I got him 3 more ounces of milk, which he quickly drank, and then promptly threw up. I should have known better. He spent most of the morning lying on the floor with two binkies, switching them every few seconds. Now he's napping. I feel awful for my poor little baby. Other than lots of stomach cramps and very frequent trips to the bathroom, I'm o.k. I've already lined up a sub for tomorrow, and we'll see if I make it to work on Friday. This sucks! Like I said, 2007 has GOT to get better!




1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Hi Jocie,

I'm sorry you two are sick! That's no way to start the new year. I'm not feeling well either. I have a bad pain in my lower left side. I'm going to the doctor in a few minutes to see what's up.

Here's hoping we all feel better!

Love, Kath