How old is Henry?

baby

Monday, April 27, 2009

Sneaky

About a week ago, Henry's Auntie Kath was visiting.  We went to Costco with Henry and I ended up buying, among other things, a throw blanket.  It's kind of an odd time of year for a throw blanket, but when I let Henry feel how soft and fuzzy it was, he loved it.  Once we got home, I brought the blanket out into the living room and draped it over Henry and myself.  I thought it was kind of sweet and cozy to be sitting under a blanket with my little boy.  Henry, however, did not want to share.  He kept trying to pull the blanket off of me and saying things like, "Mommy has to go away!"  Nice.  We've been trying to stress the importance of sharing, and not letting Henry have everything his way, so I didn't want to give in on the blanket sharing.  He was getting upset by me not letting him have the blanket all to himself, so I decided to go for the "distraction technique."  Jeff plays a game with Henry on our bed, where he buries Henry under the covers and then Jeff runs away and hides while Henry un-buries himself from the covers.  So, while Henry was trying to pry the blanket off of my lap, I grabbed it and threw it over his head and said, "I'm going to bury you!"  He immediately started laughing and instructed me to go hide.  I jumped up and ran into the other room to wait for him to find me.  As soon as I settled into a hiding position, I heard Henry say to Auntie Kath, "I have it all to myself!"  

I had to laugh at his sneakiness, but I also took the blanket and put it away since he wouldn't share.  He's a funny one!

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

That was hilarious. I also loved how he called the blanket "cozy." A. Kath

Emily said...

Clever boy!