How old is Henry?

baby

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Future Best Friends?

I was super excited when Marianne and I were both pregnant with boys and we realized that Henry and Nathan would only be 4 months apart. I was even more excited when they moved from Minnesota to Oregon last August. Since Henry is an only child and Nathan is much younger than his sister Peyton, we've talked about how nice it will be for the cousins to grow up together. I've thought about how much fun they'll have playing, having sleepovers, riding bikes, hanging out together.


So far they haven't cooperated with my best friend/cousin fantasies. They haven't been terribly interested in each other. They usually play in the same room, but not really together. They often fight over toys. Henry has pushed Nathan several times, and Nathan gets irritated with Henry. We've been hoping that in time they will learn to play together and start enjoying each others' company.

Well, last week, they finally seemed to be friends! We went over to their house for dinner, and Henry and Nathan had a great time together. Nathan was making Henry laugh hysterically. They were both playing with the same toys...together! They chased each other around. They played outside together. It was really sweet to see them interacting and enjoying each other. I was so happy that they were finally friends!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I love their matching curly heads.

My just-my-age cousin is one of my very best friend even though we grew up 6000 miles apart (Hawaii/East Coast).

They'll have a lifetime of memories together.

Holly said...

That's adorable! They are very cute together!
We have Andrew spend a bunch of time with his (forced) BFF, Kaden. Since Kaden's mom is a single mother, we have Kaden a lot. For a while, they didn't play together or get along so great. And they still fight over toys a little bit, but they are definitely becoming best buds! It's adorable!

Thanks for the congrats on my blog! We're just taking it one day at a time. I guess it's still sinking in!