How old is Henry?

baby

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!

It's been snowing here for the past four days! It's beautiful and fun and Christmas-ey, but the best part is that I've had THREE snow days from work so far. Santa came early this year! Of course I'm hoping for two more to ease me right into Winter Break.

The upside is that I've had lots of time at home with Henry, and some with Jeff (he was working until early Tuesday morning). The downside is that I've had lots of time at home. I have cabin fever! The driving conditions are not good, and I don't have chains for my tires yet.

We ventured out yesterday to the store, which was nice. But it's snowing again today and I just watched a truck spinning its wheels to get up our tiny little hill, so I guess we'll stay put today.

We've played outside a little bit, but playing in the snow isn't all that it's cracked up to be. Luckily Henry got some hand-me-down snow clothes from Nathan, so I bundled him up in those, and took Henry out into the backyard, but the freezing cold wind was whipping snow into our faces. Not so fun.

The snow was really powdery, and it was difficult to get it to stick together enough to make a snow ball. I finally made one, and Henry played with it for a little bit. Then he decided it wasn't too fun out in the snow, and it was time to go inside. He preferred to sit inside and watch Little Einsteins. Stella didn't seem to mind the snow!

Last night Jeff built a fire in the backyard, and we took Henry out for another round of playing in the snow. It lasted about 5 minutes before he was begging to go inside. We'd better get him used to this kind of weather because we're going to Spokane next week for Christmas!

No comments: