How old is Henry?

baby

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Odds & Ends

Henry, Stella and Rocco were hanging out together this morning; watching t.v. and eating Trix.


Here's a preview of Henry's Halloween costume. He's going to be a bat!



This is what Henry looked like when I asked him to make a scary face!
Henry loves the big rock in our front yard. The moment we get home he says, "Go see the big, big boulder." When we drive away from home he says, "Bye-bye big, big boulder!" Yesterday I took his picture with his new best friend: the big, big boulder.

Henry continues to crack us up with the funny things he says.

Today during Henry's nap, I was watching Showtime's "Dexter." Henry woke up during the show, and without turning off the t.v., I went to his room to get him up and change his diaper, etc. I don't normally let Henry watch shows about serial killers, but he ran back into the family room just as a bloody woman was being shown on t.v. As I was diving for the remote, Henry looked at the t.v., said "She's a mess!" and left the room.

Henry has recently become aware that Mommy and Daddy have names. If asked what Daddy's name is, he'll answer "Jeff!" The other day he said, "Daddy is Joss-winn" (Jocelyn). I told him that, "No, Mommy's name is Jocelyn. Daddy's name is Jeff." In the car a few days ago, again Henry said, "Daddy's name is Joss-winn." I said, "Mommy is Jocelyn. Daddy is Jeff." We went over this SEVERAL times before Henry seemed to get it. I got him to repeat after me, and he finally said, "Daddy is Jeff, and Mommy is Joss-winn." I got excited and said, "Yes! That's right! Daddy is Jeff and Mommy is Jocelyn." Henry also got excited, and said, "And Daddy is Joss-winn TOO!" Hmmm...maybe he doesn't get it.

This morning Henry asked for ice cream. I told him that he needed to eat breakfast first, and then he could have ice cream later. I asked him what he wanted to eat for breakfast, and of course, he answered, "ice cream!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, very, very cute, Joss-winn!

Love hearing his take on people and things.

See you soon.

Grammy