How old is Henry?

baby

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Henry!

Happy 3rd Birthday to the best guy in the world!

I always knew I wanted to be a mommy, but I never knew just how fulfilling it would be to hear "I love you, Mommy" from our son. I never knew how one of Henry's smiles could make everything o.k. I know it sounds corny, but I've been reflecting on Henry's birth and the 3 years since, and I am so incredibly glad that we have our little Doodlebug in our lives. He truly makes the world (our world) a better place.

Even when he's grumpy.
He loves to laugh, play, read books, be tickled, be chased, and have fun. But, he's also a serious boy. He is inquisitive and likes to watch things and figure out how they work.
Henry loves being outside. He still escapes through the doggy door almost every day. He doesn't care how hot or how cold it is. He would much rather be outside than inside anytime.
I love Henry. Jeff loves Henry. We love each other. Henry loves us. What more could we ask for?
We got the best gift in the world exactly 3 years ago today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And so did I get a wondrous gift!! Thanks to you and Jeff, Henry is the centerpiece to all our lives.

Love you all,

Grammy (Lannie, Mom)