How old is Henry?

baby

Saturday, July 05, 2008

4th of July

For the past few years, I haven't done anything on the 4th. Jeff's usually working, and I've had Henry in bed long before the fireworks started. This year we finally had something to do. Jeff had to work (bummer), but Henry and I went over to my dad's house for a barbecue. I wasn't sure how he'd react to fireworks since he'd never seen them, but he was great. Every time a firework would POP, Henry laughed and laughed. His 10-year-old cousin Miranda said, "I don't ever want Henry to grow up because I love the sound of his laugh." Too cute! Henry's favorite thing of all was playing on my dad's tennis court.

I really wish we had a tennis court. Not because I want to play tennis, but because it's like a huge toddler cage. You can close the gate and put some toys or balls in there, and the children are contained! For some unknown reason, Henry called the tennis court "Town Square." Maybe he mistook the words tennis court for town square? I'm not sure, but he kept asking to go back to Town Square, and once there, he would say, "Mommy's in Town Square" or "Uncle Greg is in Town Square." Today he's been asking about going to Town Square.

Miranda and Owen

Henry hugging his cousinGroup HugBesides the fireworks and Town Square, Henry's favorite part of the 4th of July was eating a chocolate cupcake.

1 comment:

soop said...

You are becoming a master photographer! I absolutely love the picture of Owee and Henry in the sunset... sooo sweet!