How old is Henry?

baby

Sunday, April 06, 2008

I think we're better...knock on wood!

O.K....NOW I think we're better. I ended up going to the doctor on Tuesday because I had started feeling so much worse. My head felt like it was going to explode, my chest was wheezing, I was having coughing fits, I couldn't breathe, and I couldn't sleep. The doctor said that I definitely had a sinus infection, and I possibly had pneumonia. Lovely. So, he put me on a very strong antibiotic, gave me an inhaler, and gave me cough syrup with codeine...and FINALLY after five days, I started to feel better. Yesterday was the first day that I didn't ask Jeff to drill a hole in my skull to relieve the pressure. Also, Henry has finally stopped coughing! And Jeff is feeling well! Hooray! I was beginning to think we'd never get better. But we are! Knock on wood....

Last weekend, even though we weren't well, we just had to get out of the house. If I stay cooped up too long, I start to get cabin fever. Henry is the same way. He gets grumpy and whiny if we don't leave the house. So, I raided some quarters from his bank, and we went to Toys 'R' Us to play on the ride-on toys at the front of the store.

Henry seems to like Kermit.
He's not too sure about Barney.The worm creature is o.k.We even ventured out to a restaurant last week. I still wasn't feeling well, but we needed to eat! Henry loves going to the Mongolian Grill near our house. He actually requests their food, "How 'bout noodles and chicken??" So, Jeff & I took him to his favorite place, and he ate like a CHAMP!YUM!!
Yesterday Henry & I were at Target. I was looking at socks for him, when he spotted something with Thomas on it. All of a sudden, he frantically started asking, "How 'bout Thomas? How 'bout hold it? How 'bout want it? How 'bout Mommy open it?" It was a pack of Thomas underpants. I explained that they were for big boys who go pee pee and poo poo on the potty. He had to have them. I think Henry is actually close to being ready for potty-training. I, however, am not quite ready. My plan is to start potty-training this summer when I'm off work. After his bath last night, Henry said, "Go poo poo on the toilet." He's never pooped on the toilet, but I let him give it a try. No luck. As soon as I took him off the toilet, he said, "Put on Thomas underpants!" I guess he thought he'd earned them just for trying. We compromised.
All right, I think we're pretty much caught up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's just a wonderful look! I bet it will catch on!

Grammy