How old is Henry?

baby

Friday, February 08, 2008

Happy Birthday, Daddy!

Jeff's birthday was yesterday, and guess what we did for him? Nothing. How lame is that? Jeff asked me not to do anything. Usually he says that, but I do something anyway. This time he said, "It would make me happier to receive NOTHING than any present you could get me." Hmmm...what do you say to that? So, I did nothing. And I hated it. I love birthdays. Not just MY birthday, either. I love giving presents. I love celebrating. It was very sad to let Jeff's birthday go by without any kind of celebration.

I don't think we'll do that again. I'm sure when Henry is a little bit older, he'll want to make something for his dad. He'll want to bake him a cake. Jeff can tell ME not to do anything for his birthday, but can he tell HENRY not to? I don't think so.

Watch out, Jeff. Next year HENRY is going to make your birthday special!

Henry loves his daddy so much. He's always loved Jeff, but in the past month or so, he's become much more attached to him. The first words out of Henry's mouth this morning were, "how 'bout Daddy?" They have so much fun together. I just love watching them play.

Here's a cute video of some daddy-son fun. Henry was feeding a fake hamburger to Jeff, and Jeff was making him laugh SO HARD. Have I mentioned how much I love seeing them together? Well, I do.

No comments: