How old is Henry?

baby

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Thomas-Mania!

Here's Henry watching Thomas the Tank Engine, playing with a Thomas train (or two), and wearing Thomas jammies.Henry really loves Thomas! Until recently, he wouldn't watch anything but Baby Einstein. Now, it's nothing but Thomas. He loves the Thomas show. Luckily our Comcast OnDemand has rotating episodes available. Henry knows many of the characters' names, and asks for specific episodes by name. Henry's 2nd birthday party was done in a Thomas theme, but it wasn't until recently that he's become so fascinated with Thomas. Henry has quite a few different trains and accessories. He has Thomas bath toys, Thomas books, a Thomas toothbrush, Thomas toothpaste, Thomas band-aids, Thomas toys, books, and a Sir Topham Hatt jack-in-the-box. I've never liked children's clothing that has cartoon characters on them. I have stayed away from Mickey Mouse, Winnie the Pooh, etc. But, I finally caved and bought Henry a Thomas t-shirt a couple of weeks ago. He loved it! He looked at himself wearing it in the mirror over and over. So, then I bought him a pair of Thomas pajamas. Again, he LOVED them. Good thing I bought two different pairs. Just when I thought I was getting far too immersed in the Thomas-Mania, something happened to make me feel better. I cut out a 40% off coupon to Michael's because I'd heard that they sell Thomas stuff there, and we were going to get Henry some new tracks for his train table for Christmas. Since the coupon is only good for one item, I talked to Jeff about getting Henry one of the big sets. Jeff decided that he would go to Michael's yesterday while Henry was napping. THIS is what Jeff brought home...
One of the trains was broken, and one of the boxes was empty, so Jeff went back to Michael's today, and this is what he brought home THIS time... Plus, Jeff bought Henry a Thomas calendar earlier today. I'm not sure WHO has the worst case of Thomas-Mania...Henry, me, or Jeff?

But, Henry is having lots of fun playing with his new Thomas stuff...So, really, who can blame us?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thomas Mania!! Wheee. And a binky to boot!

I love how he concentrates on getting the train on the track. He is so amazingly tactile and focused.