How old is Henry?

baby

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Sunday Funday

Jeff, Henry, and I had a nice Sunday together today. I've been trying to limit Henry's t.v. time because if I didn't, he would watch Thomas the Tank Engine constantly all day. I let him watch for about a half an hour this morning, and then I had to figure out ways to keep him occupied the rest of the day while he asked for "More Thomas, pease!" We read books and played with trains. During Henry's nap, I went to Target, and Jeff re-built Henry's train tracks into a new configuration. After naptime we decided to go to our favorite playground at Washington Park near the zoo. We stopped to check out an old steam train that's on display outside of the zoo before heading to the park. It was pretty cold, so after about 10 minutes of playing, Henry said, "How 'bout go bye-bye?" We then headed over to the mall so that Henry could play at the indoor playground. He had fun playing on the equipment, but I think he had more fun being tickled by Daddy and wearing Daddy's hat. After a little walking around and shopping, we were ready for dinner. We drove to Benihana, where Jeff and I ate some great sushi, and Henry enjoyed his teriyaki chicken and noodles. What a fun day!

Henry loves his "Oh, David" book so much that he has it memorized word for word. I took a video of him "reading" the book this morning. In case you want to follow along, here are the words:

page 1: David's mommy always said...Oh, David!
page 2: Open up, Davey!
page 3: P.U.!
page 4: Hold still!
page 5: Go to sleep, David!
page 6: Oh, David, I love you.
There are several books that Henry knows by heart, and he is so proud of himself when he "reads" them to us. Smart boy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Henry, I love you!!