How old is Henry?

baby

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A Memory Like an Elephant

Henry has an EXCELLENT memory. I've been amazed at how well he's memorized the words to books, and has remembered peoples' names after meeting them weeks ago. Just this week, his memory has impressed me again.
Last week Friday we were driving home from work. We stopped at a red light near our house, and there was some kind of a tractor digging up part of the sidewalk. Henry said, "Hi, tractor...I see tractor...I like tractor." Yesterday we were stopped at the same red light, and Henry immediately said, "Tractor all gone. Where tractor go?"

On Saturday, we went to the photo studio to have Henry's 2-year-portraits taken. We went to the same studio back in August for our family portrait. In August Henry was intrigued by a standing fan that was cooling off the waiting area. He stood near it, and touched it, and kept saying "Hi, fan!" The moment we walked into the studio's waiting room on Saturday, Henry asked, "Where fan go? Fan...where are you?" He ran to the spot where the fan used to be and shrugged his shoulders. Here's a preview of his portraits. It's just a scan of the proofs, so not good quality. But, you can get the idea.
Maybe I should have bought Henry an elephant costume to go with his memory...is it too late to change my mind again? Just kidding. We got the white tiger costume yesterday, and it was very cute. Here's a pre-Halloween preview...
Checking himself out in the mirror. He was excited to have a tail!
Oh my! I'm a white tiger!
Check out my feet...I mean my PAWS.

I'll post more pictures of the costume after tomorrow. Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Holly said...

It's adorable!!!! He looks perfect. Much better than the Elvis costume. ;-)

Isn't it amazing what kids remember? Wow!