How old is Henry?

baby

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Our new deck

We REALLY needed a new deck. I don't think I mentioned it on the blog, but back in July I stepped on a rotted piece of wood on our deck, and my leg crashed through the deck up to my thigh. I had the worst bruises I've ever had, and the deck was left with a gaping hole which we covered with Henry's picnic table. I'm just glad it wasn't Henry who fell through the deck. So, it was long overdue, and we finally got a new deck!
They demolished our old deck and framed the new deck last Monday. Then we didn't have a deck at all for 6 days. That was hard with two dogs
and a toddler who are used to having free reign of the back yard.

They nailed down the deck boards on Sunday. We could finally walk out our sliding door. Henry and the dogs were very happy.
They put up the railing today, so now we're all set! It will be perfect for Henry's birthday party next month. Now all we need is some patio furniture and nice weather.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice!! I'm glad you got it done--no more falling through the deck! :-) This looks very nice!