How old is Henry?

baby

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Some things never change

This morning Henry & I went shopping at Fred Meyer. I let him ride on the horse outside of the store, and as soon as it started moving, he got a HUGE smile on his face. Several people who were walking by smiled and commented on how cute he was. When the ride ended, Henry immediately started signing for "more." I put in another quarter, and as he was enjoying his second ride, a very elderly woman walked up and stood there watching Henry. It was very sweet to watch her watch Henry. She told me that her children, grandchildren, and now great-grandchildren have all enjoyed this type of ride. Then she smiled and said, "It's nice to know some things never change."

**This is the first time I've ever used a picture from my camera phone on the blog. I just figured out how to do it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet story. It's true that we grammas enjoy watching children no matter whose children they are!

I have looked at Henry eating the ice cream so many times and now I want one, too!

Mom Tu-Tu said...

I used to love these rides as a kid. No where around here has the horsey style anymore.

Anonymous said...

The camera phone pix came thru this morning. In the words of Nellie "What a shanna punim"GJ