How old is Henry?

baby

Friday, April 27, 2007

Summer's Coming Soon!

Being a teacher, I am very aware of how far away summer is at any given time. Right now we only have 7 weeks of school left before our summer vacation. The weather is getting warmer, the kids are getting restless, and the teachers are getting excited. I am looking forward to having time off, warm weather, being outside, but most of all, spending my days with Henry. This summer I will have the added bonus of spending lots of time with Jeff, too. He got "fired" from his job. The rest of the world, outside of the railroad, would say that he got "suspended." He stopped the train about 50 feet beyond a signal (not on a road where cars travel) and got caught. So, he is "fired" from his job for 120 days... WITH PAY! I see that as a very good thing. A four month paid vacation! He wasn't too happy about it, but I think he's starting to enjoy himself. Part of his time off and my time off will overlap, so we will have about a month and a half off TOGETHER! HOORAY!! All three of us! (I know I'm using a lot of exclamation marks, but I think they're warranted). Now I am REALLY excited for summer!

Even though it's not summer yet, the weather has been nice, and we've been spending lots of time playing outside. Now Henry wants to go outside all the time.

Henry loves to swing!

He also loves this watering can. He carried it in and out of the house a bunch of times. While I sat on a bench outside, Henry periodically ran up and buried his face into my lap, laughing. I love him!Here's a video of some outside playing. Henry plays with a truck, tests out some patio furniture, and says "Bye!" Watch Henry's legs when he sits in the chair. He's like a beetle that has been turned over onto its back. He cracks me up.


No comments: