How old is Henry?

baby

Sunday, January 28, 2007

My Little Bruiser


It looks like Henry may have been in a fight, but I have no idea how he got those "owies" on his face. I got him up from his nap several days ago, and he had a little cut right on his birthmark on his forehead. He didn't seem to mind. Then yesterday he was happily playing, when I noticed a bright red scratch near the corner of his mouth. He never cried about it. Maybe he did it himself since I need to clip his nails. Who knows. But, now I'm afraid to take him out in public for fear of people thinking we're abusing our baby! Ever since he was born, people have asked me what happened to his forehead. They'll say, "he must have taken a tumble" or "did he bonk his head?" Then when I explain that it's a birthmark, they always seem embarrassed or they apologize for asking. I don't care if they ask! Maybe I should make up a really good story about how he got it... Henry was riding on his very own pony, when all of a sudden, the pony spooked and bucked him off. Henry flew 30 feet into the air and hit his head on the bumper of my Mercedes. Believable? When he had his 3-month portraits done, they airbrushed his birthmark out of the pictures because they thought it was a bruise. Now I have to specifically ask them NOT to remove the birthmark from the portraits. Poor Henry will probably be fielding questions about his birthmark forever. I guess it'll be a good conversation starter. "I was riding my Harley to my beach house, when all of a sudden...."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was hangin' with my auntie Liz when all of a sudden Omar Vizquel stood on his hind legs and said "Henry! Go make me a sandwich!" So I stood up in a hurry, asking him if tuna was okay, tripped over his tail and hit my face on the platter of chocolate covered mice that Nefertiti was enjoying. She was not amused by the loss.

Anonymous said...

I swear that he gets cuter every day. Okay, I just swear, but it would be true anyway. Sweet, sweet face!