How old is Henry?

baby

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

We're back (home & online)!

We got home from Spokane on Friday, but we've been without a computer since then, so I was unable to post. I was looking forward to updating the blog when we got home, but when we got here, our computer was dead. It wouldn't even turn on. We still aren't sure if the computer is salvageable, but in the meantime, I found a GREAT deal on a laptop at Fry's After Christmas Sale. It was a 1-day sale that started at 7 a.m. and the ad said "while supplies last," which I knew to mean that they only had a few at the incredible low price. So...I set my alarm for 6:00(during my vacation!) and arrived at Fry's at 7 a.m. sharp. There was already a 30-person line
waiting to buy computers! Crazy people (including me)! Not only did I replace our (temporarily?) dead computer, but I bought a laptop for my mom for only $399...I didn't actually BUY it for her. She will pay me back, but I was pretty excited to be a part of the effort to bring her into the 21st century. Anyway, the point of the story is that we're back up and running. We had a great time in Spokane. We celebrated an early Christmas on Thursday at Lannie's house, and Henry got lots of fun toys and books and cute clothes from his Grandma and his Aunties. It snowed the last two days we were there, but we stayed nice and warm inside. Jeff got to visit several old friends, and we all took a trip out to Carol's (a dear family friend) where we visited with her and her son and her animals. Henry liked the horse!

p.s. Blogger kept bugging me to switch to the NEW & IMPROVED FORMAT, but I resisted for many weeks. I finally switched tonight, and now it's not letting me add all of the pictures I want to add. So, I'll add some more in a separate post. Also, I'm seeing my profile and links, etc. way down at the bottom of the blog page. I'm not sure if it looks this way to everyone, but it's making me mad! Lastly, if you try to add a comment (please do, by the way) it may ask you to create a new blogger Google account. Uggh...why did I switch? Change is NOT good. Be back with more pictures....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great update!! I've been looking for more pictures and here they are! I love all the pictures of Henry with his individual family members. He is so loved.

You needed a laptop. I'm sorry the occasion arose, but glad you got one and it's wonderful that you got one for Grandma J!

This is not making me sign up for an account.

Anonymous said...

Thru Jocie's efforts and Greg's family's XMAS gift I'm finally in the computer age AT HOME! Now I can ogle Henry and the ot.her Grandkids from home at my leisure and legally