How old is Henry?

baby

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

First Haircut (#2)

I wrote all about Henry's first haircut on Sunday, and the blog entry has vanished! Cursed technology! Since I like to think of this blog as an electronic baby book that Henry may read someday, I will try to re-create the post. I'm sure it will be different, but oh well...

Henry got his first haircut on Sunday. We went to a fun kids' hair salon called "Little Clippers." Whoever thought up this place is a genius! Instead of chairs, the kids sit in/on cars, jeeps, motorcycles, and horses. Each child gets to watch the movie of his choice on a little t.v. Henry watched a Baby Einstein video. The waiting area is full of fun toys that Henry loved. As soon as we checked in, Henry got busy playing. Unfortunately his name was called after only a few minutes of play time. He almost got upset about that until I put him into a cool silver convertible car. He was so good during the haircut! He sat still, played with several combs, and watched his video. I've heard horror stories about kids who hate haircuts, and won't sit still, but Henry was perfectly happy to steer the car and watch his movie. He even giggled when the lady sprayed his hair with water and when she cut around his ears. I couldn't believe how grown up he looked after the cut. His hair is quite a bit shorter, but still curly (especially in the back). Once he was done, I took my big boy back to the waiting area and let him play in the giant camper, slide down the slide, and enjoy the other toys for a while before we left. Jeff & I agree that we like his hair a little bit longer, but it will grow back (all too soon).

Here are some pictures of the haircut experience:

BEFORE:

The day before the haircut. Look at those long curls!



















"I'm ready. Let's go!"














DURING:

"Just a little off the sides, please."















Look at Henry's feet sticking out the bottom!















AFTER:

"Oh my God! I look so old!"














"I may look like a big boy, but I still need my binkie."














"I love the play area!"



















"Let's go camping. I'll drive!"














At home, with no after noon nap. "I'm grumpy, but still cute."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a boy! I did try to comment on the first post and was not successful. With the hair cut he looks so much more like Jeff and my dad (the other Henry) that I was shocked. That Hank/Jeff/Henry combination is a WINNER.

I'll go camping with him and he can drive. We'll be fine as long as we have binkies.

Anonymous said...

Can I come too? I'll bring my own binkie(Henry left one with me in July)

Anonymous said...

Dear Gramma J,

I think as long as you have a binky you can go camping!

Grammy L