How old is Henry?

baby

Monday, October 16, 2006

Henry is ONE YEAR OLD!

Actually he's 367 days old today. How long before that becomes obnoxious? Oh, it already is? O.K. I guess I'll just refer to him as 1-year-old. I can't believe a year has gone by since Henry was born. What a wonderful year it's been. In some ways it seems like he was just born yesterday, and in other ways it seems like he's been with us forever. I can't even imagine my life without Henry. He is such an amazing little guy. He has the best laugh. And the best hair. I can't help but smile when he flashes his open-mouthed smile. I love how he lights up when he sees me in the morning, or how he cracks up laughing at the pugs, or how he plays "roll around" with his Daddy. I even love it when he gets mad and says "nah-nah-nah-nah" (for no-no-no-no) as he pushes us away from him. He is just the best. Jeff & I constantly tell each other how much we love him. The first year of Henry's life has been the best year of mine.

On Henry's birthday, we had a big luau at our house. In Hawaii people have huge parties for their babies' first birthdays, so me being from Hawaii, Henry had to have a big party. I know he won't remember it, and I know he didn't care whether we had a party or whether he got presents, but it wouldn't have felt right to me if we hadn't had a big celebration. We had presents, tropical drinks, kalua pig, kalbi ribs, shoyu chicken, yummy banana cake, and lots of family and friends (about 40 people). Henry got great gifts, and had a good time with his cake. Here are some pictures of the big day!






Here are a couple of quick videos of Henry enjoying his very own birthday cake...



No comments: